Wednesday, May 15, 2013


UKIP Councillor Who Said 'Islam Is a Cancer Which Needs to be Cured with Radiation' on Racist Facebook Page 'to Step Down' After Just 12 Days

MAIL ONLINE: Worcestershire councillor Eric Kitson, 59, has admitted [he] will have to quit / He shared series of controversial anti-Muslim and anti-Semetic messages / Mr Kitson admits he has been 'stupid' but maintains he's not a racist / 'I thought I could handle politics, but I can't - I don't see how I can carry on'

A UKIP councillor has announced he will probably have to step down after less than two weeks because he posted a series of offensive messages about Jews and Muslims online.

Eric Kitson, 59, has admitted 'I don't see how I can possibly carry on' after sharing racist cartoons and messages on Facebook.

One included a picture of a nuclear weapon exploding emblazoned with the message: 'Some cancers need to be treated with radiation, Islam is one of them'.

He also shared an image of a Muslim being roasted over a pile of burning Korans, as well as several anti-Semitic outbursts linking the Rothschild banking dynasty to Adolf Hitler.

In one comment he said in reference to Muslim women: 'Hang um all first then ask questions later.'

The councillor from Stourport, Worcestershire, has apologised to residents and party colleagues for his 'stupid' actions. » | Martin Robinson | Tuesday, May 14, 2013