Friday, November 03, 2006

Just a little respite from the dour news of Islam

Have you noticed that we never hear any good, light-hearted music these days. Nor do we get 'entertaining' films. Everything has become so, so HEAVY! The more influence Islam will have over the West, the WORSE it will get. For now, just for a change, click here to understand what life used to be like: Smokey Robinson

PS: I make nothing from this. I bring this music to you so that you do not forget what life used to be like: Light-hearted and happy! Why don't YOU add a link to the music of your choice. Let's have a jam session!

Mark Alexander

8 comments:

mirrorman said...

Well said.
"I second that emotion!"

Mark said...

Music from happier times, Mirrorman. Music from happier times.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Mark. It would be great to post links to some lighthearted music and take a break from the grim news that permeates the headlines.

I thought the Sir Paul's concert on PBS was great. I would vote for almost anything by the Beatles as fitting for your category. A couple come to mind, Good Day Sunshine. (my mom's nickname for me) and Obladi Oblada--not sure of the correct
spelling.

Sorry I can't find links for these.

Mark said...

Heather:

Perhaps someone else can. It would be great to get those links.

Always On Watch said...

"The Tears of a Clown"--I love it!

Since 9/11, I've had little R&R. I need to get more!

Thanks for this reminder, Mark.

Always On Watch said...

This past summer, I went to a Beach Boys concert. Talk about lifting my spirits! For several hours, I didn't think for one second about what Islam has wrought.

cybercrusader said...

Thanks Mark, I needed that.

Mark said...

Always:

I used to love the Beach Boys' music! Have you got any links to add to any of their music, I wonder? Their music is so redolent of carefree times.