Sunday, August 09, 2026

Waleed Asadi: Shish Kebab | شيش كباب | This is How We BBQ

August 9, 2026 | There’s something about cooking over charcoal that makes a meal feel like an occasion. This week, I’m making shish kebab the way I love it most with some of the people I love the most. Beef, chicken, and vegetables all cooked over an open fire and shared with friends. I can't think of a better way to spend a beautiful summer evening.


Click here for the written recipe.

Waleed’s very own selection of spices can be found here. Don’t forget to use the code ZAWI10 for 10% off your first order.

Waleed’s favourite Lebanese olive oil, Les Cousines, can be found here. Don’t forget to use Waleed’s very own special introductory code for 15% off your first order.

NB: The Arabic word "shish" means skewer and "kebab" means grilled or roasted meat.