Friday, August 14, 2026

Smoking Marijuana May Be More Harmful to Lungs Than Smoking Cigarettes, Study Finds.

People who smoke marijuana were more likely to have certain types of lung damage than people who smoked cigarettes, according to a new study that reviewed lung scans of smokers. The researchers who led the study say their findings suggest smoking marijuana may be more harmful than people realize.

Smoking marijuana may be more dangerous to health than smoking cigarettes study finds. Lung scans have shown that people who smoke marijuana are more prone to developing emphysema, which is a form of COPD.

All forms of smoking are unhealthy, but some forms, it seems, are unhealthier than others.

In an ideal world, nobody would smoke anything. But this, alas, is far from an ideal world.

I have said all along that I find it absolute madness that western governments are relaxing laws on the smoking of marijuana whilst at the very same time they are waging an unrelenting war on cigarette-smoking and cigarette-smokers. I continue to stand by what I have said all along. Cigarette smoking in moderation, whilst not ideal, is far, far healthier than smoking marijuana or vaping. I feel sure that time will prove me correct.

However, it should be noted that I neither endorse nor promote cigarette smoking. Of course, it is always better not to smoke. I have myself been smoke-free for more than four years. But I am four-square against the war on cigarette-smoking. Adults should be free to decide for themselves whether they wish to smoke, or not. I am a liberal with every fibre of my being: I despise governments interfering in my lifestyle choices. Informing people of the dangers is one thing, and that is usually—but not always*—positive, but banning things is something else altogether. I am very much against such bans. I hate it when governments treat adults like children! — © Mark Alexander


* It is not positive when governments don’t get their facts straight! And that happens very often.