Saturday, June 15, 2024

Michael Lambert: Starmer Stubbornly Sticks to Disastrous Brexit

Jun 15, 2024 | The Labour Party manifesto was launched this week. Much of it concerned economic growth which will be essential if damaged and neglected public services are to be fixed.

Keir Starmer claims that growth can be achieved whilst ignoring the major reason for our economic troubles which is Brexit He claims he will be able to improve our deal with the EU despite having been told repeatedly that this will not be possible.

Starmer has made it clear that beyond certain funded changes other reforms will only be possible if funded by growth. Outside the EU, the UK will find it almost impossible to grow.



This is an excellent synopsis of the parlous state of the UK economy and its outlook for economic growth under Keir Starmer's leadership. I agree with Mr Lambert's viewpoints TOTALLY. The Conservative Party in recent years has been a disaster for this country; now, the Labour Party is promising to be equally disastrous in so many ways. How can our economy hope to grow after locking ourselves out of the BIGGEST single market in the world, which is right on our doorstep?

When we were in the EU, this country was doing rather well. Have these politicians never heard of the old saying — 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!? Whilst in the European Union, there was truly nothing to fix!

Nigel Farage really has been the architect of this country's downfall. The man is a bigoted, loudmouthed, troublemaker. History is not going to be kind to that man. Unfortunately we have to live through the nightmare the clown has created. One can but despair. This country's future is bleak indeed.

At no other time in my life have I ever felt DISENFRANCHISED. Now, I do. TOTALLY. There is no decent political party to vote for. I had pinned my hopes on the Liberal Democrats, but Ed Davey hasn't had the courage to promise the country that he would try and take us back into the EU. That is a great disappointment to me, and probably to many other Remainers as well. In fact, in my opinion, he has lost his best chance of elevating his party ahead of the Tories, because I believe that such a move might well have catapulted the LibDems to a powerful position. He would have had nothing to lose by such a commitment, and everything to gain. Again, one can but despair.

I cannot vote for any party that is not committed to our return to the EU. So that leaves me without a say in the future of this country. I find it difficult to vote for a party whose policies I disagree with. The whole thing saddens me. – © Mark Alexander