Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Could the Holocaust Happen Again? This Survivor Says It Could “If We Let It” | Amanpour & Co.

Nov 21, 2023 | The Israel-Hamas war has caused a global spike in hate crime. Filmmaker Daniel Lombroso knows all about it. His first film, “White Noise”, was a deep dive into the alt-right movement in the U.S. Lombroso's latest film, “Nina & Irena," follows his interviews with his Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who reveals that her older sister perished during the war. Hari Sreenivasan spoke to them both about the importance of this film and its release in the world of today. | Originally aired on November 21, 2023

My! My! People are sensitive these days, aren’t they? There is absolutely nothing offensive in what I have written in gold below. I am merely speaking the truth. Human nature has not changed. Period! If Amanpour & Co. cannot stand the truth, that’s their problem. I shall keep my comment up, even though I have taken down the video. – © Mark Alexander

What a delightful lady! This story is so moving! We are now living through the worst times in my life. I was born after the war, in the early 50s. I believe that I have already lived through the best years that I ever will experience again. Why do I say this? I say it because I see people are so different now from what they were like in my youth and young adulthood. People back then were more sensible somehow, and more sensitive to the needs of others. They cared for each other and they had a sense of community. All we see around us today is greed, selfish people, a lack of mercy and compassion, and crazy politicians. Trump is a prime example of a crazy politician. But his craziness has metastasised around the world. The latest example being the new president of Argentina. Common sense no longer prevails. So if you were asking me, I'm afraid I would have to say that something like the Holocaust could indeed happen again. Not with the Jews, but with some other group of people. Human nature is human nature; and it hasn't changed. Sadly, life has already taken a sad turn. At this point, who knows what the future holds? – © Mark Alexander