Sunday, July 10, 2022

Tobacco-free: Today Marks Three Months Since I Smoked My Last Cigarette

I would just like to inform you, my followers and visitors, that today, to the date, marks three months since I smoked my last cigarette.

I am happy to inform you that the transition from being a smoker to being a non-smoker has been totally pain-free. I have given up without any problems or cravings; moreover, I have had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. None!

Do I still find smoking fascinating? Yes! Yes, I still do. But it is nothing more than that: a fascination. I love to see a photo of a man smoking a cigarette; but I do not myself need to smoke one.

Hsve there been any downsides to quitting? Not really! Other than possibly relinquishing some pleasure. But on a positive note, I have already saved a great deal of money, not having to buy cigarettes.

I still find smoking fascinating and sexy. Nothing comes close to it. There truly is something about a handsome person who smokes a cigarette, especially a man. However, we now find ourselves living in puritanical times. It will not always be thus; times and moods will return to sanity. People will find out that smoking is not as bad as what will replace it for pleaure. In years to come, the loony bins will be full!

I have no doubt in my mind at all that times will change. Smoking cigarettes will surely become salonfähig and acceptable in polite society again, especially when people eventually realize that there are other 'pleasures' far more harmful than smoking cigarettes. But we haven’t got there yet. Watch this space!

© Mark Alexander
Sunday, July 10, 2022