Monday, August 23, 2021

Tony Blair Criticizes US Exit from Afghanistan


I was no particular fan of Tony Blair, but I agree wholeheartedly with what he says in this short video clip. The man is spot on in his assessment. I realize that some people have disliked what I had to say on current British and American politics, but I believe that what I have said is in accord with what Tony Blair has just said. I, too, like Joe Biden. I think he is an honourable man and a man with his heart in the right place. I feel sure that his intentions are good; and it must be said that he has already, in his short time in office, done some very good things for America. But I really think that he should not have taken the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan at this time, and certainly not as abruptly as this. This decision is going to haunt America and it will cause a lot of problems for Europe and the rest of the world. It will ultimately cause a lot of problems for America itself, too. That is what I believe. – © Mark