Friday, May 21, 2021

Jeremy Paxman Diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease

THE GUARDIAN: University Challenge host reveals he has been receiving treatment for mild symptoms

Jeremy Paxman has revealed that he has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.

The 71-year-old broadcaster and host of BBC Two’s University Challenge said he had been receiving “excellent treatment” and that his symptoms were “currently mild”.

In a statem>ent to the PA Media news agency, Paxman said: “I can confirm I have recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. I am receiving excellent treatment and my symptoms are currently mild.

“I plan to continue broadcasting and writing for as long as they’ll have me and have written about my diagnosis in more detail for the June issue of the marvellous Saga Magazine. I will not be making any further comment.” » | PA Media | Friday, May 21, 2021