Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Anders Behring Breivik Was Insane Five Years Ago, Mother Says

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: Anders Behring Breivik showed signs of paranoid delusions as early as 2006, his mother Wenche Behring has confessed in a tearful interview with forensic psychiatrists.

"He must have been insane, he became so different," she is quoted as saying in the psychiatric evaluation submitted to the Oslo court on Tuesday, which has been leaked to Norway's Verdens Gang newspaper.

"It is hard to believe that these things happened. It's still hard to believe."

Shortly after the 32-year-old moved back in with her that year, he began to behave erratically, she told Torgeir Husby and Synne Soerheim, the two psychiatrists who carried out the interviews.

Mrs Behring described how her son became obsessively interested in politics and history.
"He was totally beyond reason and believed all the nonsense he said," she said.

Breivik told the two psychiatrists that his mother was his "Achilles' heel", and said that he hoped she would not attend his trial.

"I just hope that my mother is not there," he told them. "She is the only one who can make me emotionally unstable. She is my Achilles' heel." Read on and comment » | Richard Orange, Malmö | Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My comment:

I am not a psychiatrist. I am not even a psychologist. But it seems to me that there is zilch evidence that this man is/was insane. There is evidence aplenty that he is/was evil. But insane? I don't think so!

It seems to me that he was obsessive about one particular fact: the fact that Western governments, Norway's included, have allowed far too many immigrants into the West for big business' desire for cheap labour, paying scant regard to the wishes of the people, paying scant regard to the long-term consequences of their policies and actions, and paying scant regard to the fact that wherever Islam has been allowed to put down roots, it has eventually taken over. Spain is the only example of a country which has been able to reverse the Islamisation of the country; but that took five hundred bloody years to achieve.

Anders Behring Breivik was obviously very aware of what was going on. Unfortunately, in his case, his knowledge was backed up by evil intent. But there really seems little evidence of insanity. Could an insane person really, truly have been the mastermind behind such an operation to massacre so many people? It's beyond my comprehension, I'm afraid. It seems to me that this is a convenient way for the authorities to brush the problem under the carpet.

There is one aspect to this heinous crime which I fail to understand: If he was so concerned about mass immigration, especially of Muslims, why did he decide to massacre innocent people who were his own countrymen? What did he hope to achieve? (Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain this to me.)

It seems to me that this man should be severely punished for his egregious crime. But to put him into psychiatric care is to let him off the hook. Norway must have gone soft on crime, that's all I can say.
– © Mark


This comment also appears here.

Related »

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: Anders Behring Breivik regrets loss of 'Great Nordic Nose': Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb blast and gun rampage last July, has told psychiatrists of his regret at the loss of his “great Nordic nose”. Torgeir Husby and Synne Soerheim, the forensic psychiatrists who on Tuesday submitted their evaluation of Mr Breivik to the Olso court, said he displayed an unusual sensitivity about his appearance, complaining if he was forced to attend meetings unshaven. ¶ Mr Breivik told them that he regretted plastic surgery he had received, aged 20, to slim his nose. ¶ “I took away the cartilage. In retrospect, I have seen it as a mistake. I had a great Nordic nose, while the one I have now is not original,” he told them. » | Richard Orange, Malmö | Wednesday, November 30, 2011