Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Castro 'Criticises Ahmadinejad for Anti-Semitic Attitude'

THE TELEGRAPH: Fidel Castro has reportedly criticised Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, for what he called his anti-semitic [sic] attitudes.

Castro, who has been a fierce critic of Israel, reportedly chided Mr Ahmadinejad for denying the Holocaust, according to a blog on The Atlantic magazine.

The former Cuban leader said Iran could further the cause of peace by "acknowledging the 'unique' history of anti-Semitism and trying to understand why Israelis fear for their existence."

"I didn't know what a Jew was. I knew of a bird that was a called a 'Jew,' and so for me the Jews were those birds," Castro reportedly said. Castro later added, "This is how ignorant the entire population was."

Castro reportedly said: "I don't think anyone has been slandered more than the Jews. I would say much more than the Muslims." >>> | Tuesday, September 07, 2010