Questions are swirling about the 35-year-old executive assistant unusually close relationship with the US President. Harp is nicknamed the "human printer" because she frequently prints out and hands the President printouts of flattering news stories and cherry-picked poll numbers - acting as a "filter" for information reaching him. She is reported to have frequently left "intimate" letters for him to find in his personal spaces, saying things like "You are all that matters to me," and "I don't ever want to let you down...I want to bring you joy."
And in a letter published last night by US website The Daily Beast, Harp apologised for a 2023 incident where she followed him around his golf course at Turnberry, Ayrshire on foot, instead of riding in a golf cart. She told Trump, who was running for re-election at the time, that she was sorry "if I was an embarrassment walking the course in Scotland." She added: "If there is anything else I have done to cause you trouble, please forgive me...I want things to always be right between us...you are all that matters to me. I don't want to ever let you down. Thank you for being my Guardian and Protector in this Life."