Saturday, January 20, 2024

Transitioning Genders: The Importance of Self-Love | Documentary | Real Pride

Aug 14, 2021 | This two-part special gives us incredible first-hand accounts from transgender people about their experience of affirming their gender – often at huge emotional and financial cost.

From rock stars to body builders and average suburban dads, this documentary shows us how far medicine has come in fulfilling the dreams of people who were born in the wrong body.

Some of the language used in this documentary may not be the correct terminology to accurately represent people currently.



BEWARE! This documentary isn't for everyone. It is very explicit and many people might take exception to some of its content. Until I watched this documentary, I knew virtually nothing about this phenomenon. Many of you might not know much about the phenomenon either. I have watched this documentary to be better informed about it. These days, there is so much in the newspapers about gender reassignment.

My posting this documentary should not be construed as an endorsement of these procedures. Frankly, I neither endorse them nor do I condemn them. I know far too little about them to do either. What perplexes me, though, is why so many people want to change their sex. Up until relatively recently, people having sex change operations were pretty rare. Not so anymore, it seems. Puzzling! – © Mark Alexander