Saturday, November 18, 2023

'We Feel Completely Alone' Israeli Journalist on Being Jewish in London

Nov 17, 2023 | In this episode of the Jewish Chronicle's new podcast: Israel War Briefing, Jake is joined by Israeli journalist and podcaster Elad Simchayoff from Israel's Channel 12 News. They discuss the reality of being an Israeli in London, the anti-Israel protest movement and antisemitism in the diaspora.


You are NOT alone! I have ALWAYS stood by you Jews. I was raised to do so. And I have never forgotten about the Holocaust. Being interested in history, and being raised in post-WWII Britain, it has never felt distant to me. Further, over the years, I have always brought the atrocities of Nazi Germany to people's attention on my blog in both English and German – I am fluent in German even though I am a Brit – and sometimes I also post about the Holocaust and anti-Semitism in French, too. So please don't think that all Brits are as you have found to your great disappointment in London. We are not. All of my friends are against anti-Semitism and are horrified at the mere mention of the Holocaust. We all hold Jews in high esteem. In fact, I recently went through a period in which I considered converting to Judaism! So please do not think that all Brits are alike. We are not. – © Mark Alexander