Saturday, August 12, 2023

Michael Lambert: Incredibly STUPID Comments from Deluded Brexiteers

Aug 12, 2023 | Brexit has been a disaster for the UK and yet there are still plenty of people who argue that it was the right thing to do despite all of the evidence showing that it has damaged the UK economy as well as the UK's reputation in the world.

In this video I read out some of the comments made to my last week's video in which I criticised Brexit . The comments are from people who still support Brexit and believe it was a good thing for the UK. Many claim that Brexit has not been completed and that we are still in the EU. Others claim that the EU is corrupt and determined to punish the UK for leaving.



My sincerest apologies to our brothers and sisters in Europe for the inane comments that Michael Lambert has read out re-Brexit from some of his delusional, ill-educated, half-literate—dare I say illiterate?—and breathtakingly ignorant people who have commented on his YouTube channel. (Thank the Lord that by far most of his commenters are sensible and educated people.) As you will hear, most of them cannot even string a sentence together. And these people are given the vote in a democracy, thus deciding our future!

What these comments tell me as a person who has spent much of his career in education is this: The inequality in this sinking country is not just in wealth and income, it is also in education. Increasingly in the UK, getting a good education is the preserve of the privileged. Now, one receives a good education if daddy’s pockets are deep and if daddy can afford to send his little darling to one of the élite public schools in the country, the institutions serving the one percenters.

It hurts me to say this because for most of my life, I was a dyed-in-the-wool Conservative voter; indeed, at one time, I wouldn’t have even entertained the possibility of voting for any other party. Then I saw the light! Cameron came along, then Brexit happened – both put paid to the Conservatives’ chances of ever again getting my vote.

The rot in this country started under Thatcher. Many of us thought she was the fairy godmother at the time, me included, but then reality started to sink in. The slide since Maggie has picked up speed.

One can only conclude that we are living through very sad times. – © Mark Alexander