Saturday, July 01, 2023

Michael Lambert: Is This the Most Incompetent Government Ever?

Jul 1, 2023 | Seven years after the Brexit referendum, the UK economy is in a mess. The five pledges of Rishi Sunak are now 'priorities', most of which he has little chance of delivering. UK inflation is at 8.7% compared with just 5.5% average in Europe . The government appears to have no idea what to do and Sunak seems to have lost heart.

Thames Water is in difficulties, the foreign owners having borrowed enormous amounts of money and having paid out £72 billion in dividends since privatisation.

The story of Boris Johnson having visited the house of Evgeny Lebedev in Italy without any security whilst Foreign Secretary has re-emerged and it seems highly likely that kompromat would have been obtained during the weekend visit after which Johnson was seen dishevelled and apparently hungover and on his own at the airport a day later.

The UK economy continues to decline, with more bad news arriving almost daily.



As always, a brilliant synopsis of the dystopia that is the disUnited Kingdom; and as always, I agree with every word that you uttered. Michael—if I might be so bold as to use your first name— you really do have the happy knack of hitting the nail right on its head.

FYI, yours is one of my very favourite channels on YouTube. I look forward to my dose of 'Michael Lambert's truth-telling' each and every week. I kid you not. This is almost certainly because you say exactly what I've been thinking!

I never thought I would live to see the day in which I am ashamed to call myself British. Sadly, that day has arrived. I am now even beginning to have my doubts about democracy itself!

This country's political system is rotten to its very core. We need a completely new system.

By the way, I would like to say the following about Rishi Sunak: The man is useless as a prime minister and clueless to boot. In my opinion, he is far too rich to be a prime minister. Why? Because when a person is as rich as he is, how can he possibly understand the needs and difficulties of life that most ordinary people have to tolerate? I am not against a man being extremely rich; not at all! But I do believe that it is imperative that the prime minister of a country, any country, be able to understand the needs of ordinary folk. Rishi Sunak cannot. He inhabits a parallel universe.

I never thought I would live to see the day that, in my homeland, so many people have to sleep rough and so many people have to go to foodbanks to be able to put food on the table for their children. It appals me! In fact, it is quite heartbreaking. Most of the blame for this sad situation can be placed on the shoulders of the Tories. These sad circumstances have come about, or at least have been made ten times worse, under the watch of Conservative governments, since the Conservatives have been in power for so long. Yet nobody in government talks about these problems, still less offer solutions to solve them.

It is difficult to have any optimism for the future of this country. The Conservatives are useless and totally corrupt; and Labour seem to be clueless too. In my humble opinion, it is to be rued that the LibDems aren't more on the offensive. That Party is pro-EU, but should be far more assertive about promising to try its best to take us back into the Union as full members. – © Mark Alexander