Sunday, May 07, 2023

Smoking* a Cigarette in the UK Has Almost Become an Act of Rebellion!

"Thomas Michael Shelby OBE DSM MM MP is a fictional character, and the protagonist of the British period crime drama Peaky Blinders." – Source: Google.


Many thanks to AMIR on Pinterest for this great photo.

In a few days’ time, on May 10th, it will be thirteen months since I smoked my last cigarette. I used to really enjoy a smoke, but I have given up smoking with relative ease. I do not miss cigarettes at all; but I do look back on my smoking days with pleasure. I would never wish to spoil the pleasure smokers get from their habit. Interestingly, since giving up smoking, I haven’t even once smellt the smoke from a cigarette. I can now think of nobody who smokes. Unfortunately, these days, instead of smoking tobacco, people smoke other substances far mor dangerous to their health. – © Mark Alexander