Monday, January 02, 2023

Martina Navratilova Diagnosed with Early-stage Throat and Breast Cancers

THE GUARDIAN: Former world No 1 will start treatment this month / ‘It’s going to stink for a while but I will fight with all I have got’

Martina Navratilova has been diagnosed with throat and breast cancers. The former world No 1 previously underwent treatment for early-stage breast cancer in 2010.

Navratilova, 66, said: “This double whammy is serious but still fixable, and I’m hoping for a favourable outcome. It’s going to stink for a while but I will fight with all I have got.”

Navratilova, winner of 59 grand slam singles and doubles titles, will not travel to this month’s Australian Open, where she was intending to work as a TV pundit, but a statement from her representative described the prognosis as “good”. » | PA Media | Monday, January 2, 2023