Saturday, December 03, 2022

Brexit Is Not All Bad News - These Are Some of the Benefits

Dec 3, 2022 | The UK economy is in decline and much of this decline has been caused by Brexit. Whilst it is very difficult to find any benefits for the majority of the UK population, there are, however, plenty who will benefit. These include EU businesses which are able to take advantage of the withdrawal of UK suppliers, UK businesses which can now take advantage of the removal of EU regulations, the black economy and the , mostly foreign, owners of our utilities. Brexit has made the UK the laughing stock of the world.


Michael Lambert’s book BREXIT - It's not going too well, is it? is available from his website here.

I'm afraid that my comments each week [here on YouTube] are becoming repetitive and boring, because I always agree with just about everything you say. Today, I must agree with everything you say yet again! One couldn't put a cigarette paper between your understanding and mine of the mess we Brits now find ourselves in because of Brexit. All I see before us now is doom and gloom. Without someone from some party having the courage to stand up and say enough of this nonsense, it is impossible to see how our future can ever be rosy again. I can never again vote Conservative because of Brexit (and the mess the party has made of the economy). I have never voted Labour, though I might have considered it if Keir Starmer were to promise to take us back into the EU, and that leaves the Liberal Democrats. Now that party is attractive, and I like its leader, too. But I cannot for the life of me understand why he doesn't capitalise of this golden opportunity and promise the electorate that, if it puts its trust in him and his party, he would take us back into the European Union as full members in a heartbeat. But he, like Starmer, is timid of doing so. This is a tragedy for him and his party, for I feel absolutely certain that it would be a HUGE vote winner for the Liberal Democrats. In fact, I feel that it could knock the Tories into third place. In any case, the Tories need to go the way of the Whigs and the dodo: into oblivion. The party is past its sell-by date. It is corrupt and made up of fossils and relics of a bygone age. This country needs a business-friendly party which is pro-EU. One with its eyes firmly on the future, not looking back to this country's past but now evaporated glory. – © Mark Alexander