Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Short Message to My Visitors and Followers

I should like to draw your attention to one very important fact: When you see something posted on this website, you should not conclude that I necessarily agree with the content posted. I often post items which I might not always agree with. I post them because I think they might be of interest to you, my visitors and followers. I also sometimes post items because I feel they give one food for thought.

This blog is not about pushing an ideology. As a person, I am rather moderate in my views and live a very normal, moderate and, I believe, a very respectable life. Further, I have never been given to excess of any sort, neither in food nor drink nor dressing; indeed, in outlook, I am generally rather conservative.

I do, however, believe that there is a place in this world for all people, regardless of faith, skin colour, or sexual orientation. As long as people live decent lives and help others, especially when those people are in difficulty or need, they should be respected.

This is not a website for people with extreme political views. I firmly believe that extreme political views lead to instability in society and definitely, ultimately, lead to no good place.

So please, if you come across anything posted on this website, do not conclude that I necessarily agree with what has been posted. Only the comment I may have posted on it will give you any indication of my own beliefs. Even the recipes I post are not always things that I would necessarily wish to eat. For example, if I post a vegan recipe, not being a vegan myself, I might well not wish to cook that recipe.

I am trying hard to make this website interesting to as wide an audience as possible: gay, straight, young or old. I also work hard to bring you all something in English, German and French; and sometimes even in Spanish, even though, alas, I am a greenhorn in that language. But I have many visitors from Spain and Spanish-speaking nations, so I feel that such links would be of interest to them.

Again, I should like to thank you all for your continued support. It means a lot to me. I appreciate it greatly. Stay safe in these perilous times! – © Mark