Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A Message to You, My Followers and Esteemed Visitors

First of all I should like to thank you all kindly for all your support. Your support means the world to me. It is difficult to express in words what it means to me and how much pleasure it brings me each day. A big thank you to you all for it!

I trust that you are enjoying the blog’s content. I hope and trust that you like the changes I am making to it. My aim is to please you, my valued followers and visitors.

By now, I feel that sure you must be asking yourselves some questions about me, about who I am and where I stand on the political spectrum. I feel that the time has come to give you at least some idea about me and my place on the political spectrum. It is only fair that I do so.

Politically, I am rather moderate. I am neither right nor left. I am somewhere in the middle. Perhaps slightly to the right of centre, but only slightly so. I abhor extremism in all its forms, either in action or deed, and certainly in politics. (I have an aversion to showiness.) In fact, I rather dislike classifying myself as either right or left: I take each issue on its merit. So I can be more to the right on some issues and more to the left on others.

I believe in tolerance; and I believe in compassion for the less fortunate in society. However, I understand that business needs to be given the chance to grow and thrive. Without a successful commercial base, we are nothing and can do nothing to help the less fortunate.

As you are now well-aware, I am gay. But my lifestyle is anything but gay, actually. Humdrum would, perhaps, be a more accurate description! I lead a very quiet life in a relatively small town. I do not frequent bars, and I have never frequented gay bars, and nor have I have never ever engaged in cruising. My life is ‘normal’ in every sense of that word.

My interests are broad: I love international politics, languages, reading in various languages, cooking and cookery, fashion, beauty in all its forms, and refinement in all its forms, too. Good food and wines and spirits have always been a part of my existence; but only ever in moderation. I actually care for my health as best I can, but that doesn’t mean that I enjoy none of the pleasures this life has to offer. Further, I hope that the best years are yet and still ahead of me. The best is yet to come! I am still searching for my Eden.

I love France and all things French; and I love Switzerland and all things Swiss. (Naturally, I love other countries too.) Indeed, I spent four of the finest years of my life in Zürich. It is because of that time I spent there that I am as fluent as I am in German today. Switzerland is a fine country, as are its people. When I left Switzerland something of Switzerland remained in my heart. I think that God must have created Switzerland as beautiful as it is to remind us of Paradise. He must have wanted Switzerland to be a taster of what awaits us!

I think I have probably told you enough about myself for now. I shall probably say more later. But I think that suffices for the time being.

Again, please allow me to thank you so much for your loyalty and support. It means more to me than you will probably ever realise. – Mark