Friday, January 24, 2014

John Boehner: Wine and Cigarettes More Important Than Running in 2016


THE GUARDIAN: Republican House speaker says he wouldn't make sacrifices for White House - including cutting the grass

US House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner says he has no interest in running for the White House because he doesn't want to give up smoking, drinking – and cutting his lawn.

Boehner, who has fought a bitter battle with President Barack Obama over health reforms and spending, said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno that he was not about to give up red wine and cigarettes to be president.

Asked by Leno whether he ever thought of running for president, Boehner replied, "No.

"I like to play golf. I like to cut my own grass," said Boehner, the top Republican in Congress.

"I do drink red wine. I smoke cigarettes. And I'm not giving that up to be president of the United States." Read on and comment » | Friday, January 24, 2014