Monday, August 19, 2013

Greenwald: UK Will Be 'Sorry' for Detaining Partner

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: Guardian journalist who wrote stories exposing mass American surveillance programmes says UK government will be "sorry" for holding his partner for nine hours under the Terrorism Act, and vows to publish further secrets.

David Miranda was passing through London's Heathrow Airport on Sunday on his way home to Rio de Janeiro when he was held by police.

Mr Miranda, who lives with the reporter Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who interviewed American whistleblower Edward Snowden, was stopped at 8am returning from a trip to Berlin.

Speaking to reporters at Rio de Janeiro's airport, Mr Greenwald said Britain will be "sorry" for detaining his partner for nine hours. Mr Greenwald said: "I will be far more aggressive in my reporting from now [on]. I am going to publish many more documents.

"I am going to publish things on England too. I have many documents on England's spy system. I think they will be sorry for what they did." » | Claire Carter and Andrew Marszal | Monday, August 19, 2013