Monday, June 03, 2013


Let Turkey into the EU Now!

TELEGRAPH – BLOGS – JAMES DELINGPOLE: Poor Turks! Of all the peoples I've encountered in my travels around the world, the Turks really have got to be among the kindest, most generous and welcoming. (My other top candidate in that category would be the Sudanese.) So it really saddens me to read of the civil unrest which has been plaguing Turkey this last week. Someone suggested to me that this is the sort of behaviour which shows exactly why Turkey should never be admitted to the EU. Eh? This rioting isn't the result of natural savages casting off the threads of civilisation; it's the result of civilised, educated, cosmopolitan Turks rising up against the authoritarianism of Recep Tayyip Erdogan's regime. » | James Delingpole | Monday, June 03, 2013

My comment:

Delingpole obviously has a death wish for Western civilisation. Rarely have I read such bunkum in a mainstream newspaper as this. His reasoning is unsound, to say the least. And anyone who agrees with Bojo has got to be suspect. I trust Bojo's opinions on almost nothing. In any case, Bojo has Turkish blood coursing through his veins; so he is prejudiced.

I want Western civilisation to survive. I actually like liberal democracy. Islam is anathema to democracy and freedom. It therefore makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to allow Turkey into the EU. Only someone naïve would think otherwise. Haven't we had enough Islamisation of the West, Europe as it is? – @ Mark


This comment also appears here