Saturday, February 09, 2013

Are Female Converts to Islam Part of a New Wave of Feminism?

THE INDEPENDENT: You’d think after watching BBC Three’s Make me a Muslim documentary, being a female convert to Islam is so riddled with fault lines. Not really. My recent interviews with Muslim converts offered a rare glimpse into the lives of three women who would flatly reject such comparisons. And they’re all buzzing with spiritual ecstasy, retelling what caused them to halal-ify their wardrobes and Islamise dress codes.

“Being Muslim keeps me from wanting to impress others and gives me more personal confidence,” says Chantelle, a 19-year-old convert from Hackney. Today, she goes by the name Khadija, as a sign of respect for Muhammad’s first wife and insists there’s more to British women trading bare midriffs for abayas than what meets the eye. “I wear the hijab because I want to. Because it’s between me and Allah. It’s not a fashion statement. Yes, I don’t go to clubs and don’t sleep around. It gives me a comfort which I know so many of my friends would love to have.” » | Hasnet Lais | Friday, February 08, 2013

The Church has a hell of a lot to answer for. Church leaders have abandoned their purpose, have abandoned their raison d’être. Namely, the preaching of the Gospel, which states that there is no salvation but through Jesus Christ. Instead, they have taken rôles as left-wing political activists. And this is the result: People looking to other faiths for their spiritual sustenance. How stupid and traitorous the Church has been! The Protestant Church has been defiled by the progressives. Little wonder there is a mass exodus from mainline Protestant Christianity. Many Catholics are converting to Islam because of disillusion. Catholics have a lot to answer for too. In a Western society where women have to look to Islam for spiritual sustenance, there is a deep underlying problem. That problem is NOT being addressed. And with current leadership, it won’t be. Expect to read about more Christian converts to Islam! – © Mark