Monday, April 11, 2011

Burning the Koran Makes You a Dummkopf, Not a Criminal

TELEGRAPH BLOGS – DANIEL HANNAN: Book-burning neatly symbolizes the know-nothing bellicosity that lies behind so many authoritarian movements. As the fascist general, José Millán-Astray, screamed when confronted with an idea he disliked: ¡Muera la inteligencia! ¡Viva la muerte!

Sion Owens, a BNP candidate in Wales who was arrested when police discovered that he had burned a Koran in his garage, was behaving with extraordinary narcissism. Even the BNP dunderheads who troll this blog can’t have failed to notice that a similar stunt has led to a spate of murders in Afghanistan. What Owens was effectively saying was: “My right to indulge in this little jape matters more to me than any increased threat to my country’s interests or citizens”. He would no doubt argue that he is not to blame for any bloody consequences and, in a sense, this is true: any retaliation will be entirely the responsibility of its perpetrators. But so what? At best, Owens is causing needless offence; at worst, he is seeking to provoke a violent response. The man is evidently – there is no way of putting this gently – a total dick. Continue reading and comment » | Daniel Hannan | Monday, April 11, 2011

My comment:

One of the things I hate about my country is that there is nothing written on paper that explains our rights. In other words, there is no written constitution. Our rights are merely those that Her Majesty and Her government think our rights ought to be – they are fluid, to say the least.

This is anachronistic; and if something isn't done about it soon, I fear that I shall turn from being a pro-monarchist into a full-blown republican! I am sick to death of politicians – most of whom I would not rate as being very intelligent – telling me what I can, or can't, do – and it's usually the latter! 'Ban' seems to be the middle name of so many of the Dummköpfe (thickos, dimwits, fools)! One immediately springs to mind: Tony Ban Blair! And when so many politicians have a love affair with banning, having a written constitution becomes more important than ever.

Regarding burning the Koran, especially on one's own property, is, or should be, no concern of the police at all. How dare the police interfere in one's private affairs! He was not creating any public disorder. So what's the big deal? As Archbishop Cranmer said: The police wouldn't react in this way if one were burning the Bible. They wouldn't give a damn! So why is the Koran given special treatment?

Personally, I would not burn the Koran, because I don't think it serves any purpose. I would prefer to show better. But it is rather irksome to think that my country has travelled so far down the road of dhimmitude. And that it has done so does not auger well for the future; on the contrary, it bodes ill.

One cannot help but ask oneself the question: Has the fact that Sion Owens – It appears that he can't spell his own name! It should be spellt 'Siôn', being as it is Welsh (of Hebrew origin) for John – is a BNP candidate in Wales got anything to do with this arrest, I wonder? Were they trying to discredit him?

Be all that as it may, I am sick to death with spineless politicians (of all hues) using political correctness as a reason to do nothing about the growth of Islam in Europe in particular, and the West in general. Perhaps if they were to take a stand for Judeo-Christian culture, there would be no need for extremists to take matters into their own hands and burn Korans. – © Mark


This comment also appears here