Friday, May 14, 2010

Coalition Government: David Cameron Tells of Shock at Being Prime Minister

THE TELEGRAPH: David Cameron has told of his shock at how quickly he was installed in Downing Street - and at being referred to as Prime Minister.

In an interview with The Sun, he said of Tuesday's historic changeover: ''If you had told me at lunchtime that I'd be in the Palace at ten past eight and in Downing Street at a quarter to nine, I would have said you were completely mad.''

The new premier, 43, also told of two instances since replacing Gordon Brown when he heard references to the Prime Minister, only to realise they were about him.

He told the paper: ''I had a wonderful moment...when the radio went off as I was just waking up in my own bed at home.

''I heard, 'This morning, the Prime Minister will...' and I thought, 'Oh God, what's he doing now? And then I thought, 'Oh no, hang on a second - it's me!'''

The other came at Buckingham Palace after he was appointed by the Queen. >>> | Friday, May 14, 2010