Friday, October 23, 2009

Question Time: Much Hype about Nothing!*

This was about one of the worst Question Time programmes I have ever seen. It was unbalanced, so didn't give Nick Griffin a chance. The BBC might have gone along with its charter and allowed him onto the programme; but they certainly stacked the odds against him.

I am NOT a BNP supporter; but I would have liked to hear what the man had to say. All we heard was pathetic talk from the likes of Jack Straw, who got on my nerves and probably the nerves of many others, and Baroness Warsi, who is a political lightweight. The other panelists were irrelevant.

Mr Dimbleby did his job badly, since he was there to moderate, not to scold. The show was altogether pathetic; it was a waste of BBC money, and certainly a waste of my time. So I'll give it the thumbs down. Though I am sure that Nick Griffin will give it the thumbs up, since I am sure it will have won him new supporters!

Shame on the BBC for not making the show more balanced. – © Mark

*This comment also appears on the Times Online.