Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fearless Blogger Award

Photobucket

I, Always On Watch, bestow ‘The Fearless Blogger Award’ on Mark Alexander “for sounding the warning cry about the dangers of Islam long before the rest of us had a clue and for continuing to sound the alarm in numerous languages at his web site. A UK citizen living across The Pond, he loves America, sadly, more than some of our own citizens do.”

The rules of acceptance are:

* first, to accept the award;

* second, to name the bloggers he/she is awarding it to;

* and third, to display the banner in a prominent place of his/her blog.

I accept this award from Always On Watch with humility. In turn, I am going to bestow the award on two fellow bloggers. There are many, many more bloggers who actually deserve the award, but my selection is as follows:

Jason Pappas for his hard work in fighting to maintain our freedoms, and in a most intellectual manner! His is probably one of the most intellectual blogs on the Blogosphere. It is always a delight to read.

The Anti-Jihadist for his fearless determination to tell the truth about the dangers of Islam. His posts are always interesting to read.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank Always On Watch for giving me this award. I shall display it in the sidebar with pride. I should also like to express my sincerest apologies to Always On Watch for taking so long to recognize this award. I received it in the build-up to Christmas, but because of Christmas preparations, I couldn’t find the time to give this matter the attention it deserved. After Christmas, as my regular and loyal visitors will be fully aware, I had the misfortune of having my blog locked by Blogger. It was only this week that Blogger actually unlocked it for me, thereby restoring my blogspot to full functionality. – Mark

8 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Mark,
I can't think of any blogger more deserving of this award than you!

In the coming days -- I used to say "years" -- we're going to have to be destemidos merely to survive the onslaught of Islam!

BTW, Jason's site was one of the first I found when I started blogging. I link to one of his excellent essays on my sidebar.

Mark said...

Always:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate them so much.

Jason Pappas' website is delightful. He has worked so hard on it, and has always maintained such high standards. The same goes for The Anti-Jihadist at Pedestrian Infidel.

Again, I am so sorry it took me so long to get down to posting this.

Jason Pappas said...

AOW is right; Mark was fighting this battle long before we were rudely awakened the fateful day in September back in 2001. Thanks for waiting for us! Glad to see your blog back in action.

Mark said...

Thanks, Jason. Your words are kind and generous. I appreciate them greatly.

I hope you will accept this award in the spirit it is intended. The award is heartfelt. Of that, be sure.

Jason Pappas said...

I’m honored. I try hard to face the truth as I know you do. We’ve met some excellent people who take the dangers we face today seriously and are doing something about it. Best wishes, Jason.

Mark said...

I’m honored.

As was I to be given it by Always On Watch.

I try hard to face the truth as I know you do.

I know you do. That's a rare quality these days. So many people run from it rather than face it.

We’ve met some excellent people who take the dangers we face today seriously and are doing something about it.

Yes, on the blogosphere we do meet up with some excellent people; they are willing to confront the truth, and draw wrongs to people's attention. I hope our politicians are getting to know what's being written!

Best wishes, Jason.

And best wishes to you, too.

Joseph Narimattom said...

The main reasons behind the possibly total islamization of the West in a century is the hedonism, sexual permissiveness of the modern day Europeans and the decay of Christianity. Christianity has nothing to offer to its followers in the way of spiritual solace. Practicing Christians are few and ethical and moral codes have vanished in the last fifty or sixty years.

My views on the subject can be read in narimattom.blogspot.com

Mark said...

Joseph, welcome!

Christianity hasn't decayed, it's the people who have decayed. Christianity still has a great deal to offer; but the people aren't listening. They are too busy getting their own pleasure. As you say, they are hedonists.