Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sarah Palin Says 'God Will Show Way' to the White House


THE TELEGRAPH: Defeated Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has said she hopes God will "show her the way" before she decides on any future bid for the White House.

The Alaska governor declined to say whether she was planning to run for the US presidency in four years, stating in an exclusive interview with the Fox News Channel that 2012 remained too far off.

"I can't predict what's going to happen a day from now, much less four years from now," Ms Palin said.

However the devoutly religious 44-year-old mother-of-five said that if God wanted her to run for the highest office, she hoped to be shown the way.

"You know, I have - faith is a very big part of my life. And putting my life in my creator's hands - this is what I always do," she said.

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is," she added.

"Even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. >>> | November 11, 2008

ITN: Palin Puts Faith in God

Sarah Palin has refused to rule out running for US president in the future but said her decision would be guided by God.

Giving her first television interview since last week's historic US elections, the former Republican vice-presidential candidate said faith played an important part in her life.

She said: "Putting my life in my creator's hands, this is what I always do.

"I'm like, OK God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray. I'm like, don't let me miss the open door.

"If there is an open door in 2012 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plough through that door." >>> | November 11, 2008

WELT ONLINE: Palin bittet Gott um Chance auf Präsidentschaft

Photobucket
Foto von Sarah Palin dank der Welt

WELT ONLINE: Kaum wurde Obama zum neuen Präsidenten gewählt, schon träumt die unterlegene Republikanerin Sarah Palin vom nächsten Wahltermin in vier Jahren. Sie bete darum, dass sie "eine offene Tür" für ihre weitere politische Karriere nicht übersehe. Die Republikaner tun sich damit aber schwer.

Nach ihrer Niederlage als republikanische Kandidatin für das US-Vizepräsidentenamt hofft Sarah Palin nach eigenen Worten, dass Gott ihr in der Frage eines möglichen zweiten Anlaufs auf das Weiße Haus "den Weg zeigen" wird.

In einem Interview mit dem US-Fernsehsender Fox sagte Palin am Montagabend, sie könne nicht voraussagen, was morgen und erst recht nicht, was im Jahr der nächsten Präsidentschaftswahl 2012 sein werde. Aber wenn es Gottes Wunsch sei, dass sie für das höchste Amt im Staat antrete, dann bete sie darum, dass er sie eine entsprechende "offene Tür" nicht übersehen lasse. >>> | 11. November 2008

The Dawning of a New Dark Age (Paperback & Hardback) – Free delivery >>>