Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ex-Islamophobe to Produce Film on Islam, the Prophet

From Darkness to Light

RADIANCE VIEWS WEEKLY – EXTRACT: …[Arnoud van] Doorn repented for his involvement in the blasphemous film. “It was unfortunate that I did not make any efforts to know what really Islam is and who the Prophet is before blindly believing in the misinformation campaign being unleashed by the anti-Islamic forces. When I came to realise that it was not Islam, I decided to study about the religion and that led to my conversion,” he said. “Now, I am really enjoying the beauty of Islam and am extremely delighted in Allah’s great blessing to guide me onto His path. It is an explicable experience for me,” he said adding that his former colleagues in the Freedom Party are angry at his acceptance of Islam, which is still a bête noire for them. “The party stands against Islam and its spreading in Europe. Some of them now consider me as a traitor.”

The 46-year-old has continued on The Hague Council as an independent candidate since splitting from Wilders’s party. Doorn, who now serves as a regional adviser at the City Hall in The Hague, filed a formal application to the mayor of the city to allow him to perform prayers obligatory for Muslims during his working hours.

Doorn has a message to those who oppose his reversion to Islam. “Let me tell them that this is my personal decision and I see a new life in Islam that I don’t want any way to give it up. I happened to see on social networking sites several comments, expressing feelings of antagonism and hatred toward me,” he said adding that all these sprang out of ignorance, contempt and animosity against Islam and the Muslims. He also thanked all those who supported him and commended him for beginning a new life as a Muslim. Referring to his visit to the holy land, Doorn said: “Had anybody mentioned me about visiting the land of the two holy mosques earlier, I would have called him a lunatic.

“But what happened now is realisation of a dream and it is still unbelievable for me that I am now in the holy city that hosted the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be to him).” He continued saying: “I couldn’t control my feelings when I stood in front of the grave of the Prophet as well as in Rawdah Sharif, near the pulpit used by the Prophet. When I prayed at Rawdah Sharaif, my eyes were full of tears as I had the feeling that I am in a part of the Paradise.” … Read on and comment » | Majed Al-Sugairi | Undated