Sunday, March 04, 2012

GLAAD Takes Aim at Former Child Star Kirk Cameron after He Calls Homosexuality 'Detrimental and Destructive' on National TV


MAIL ONLINE: Former Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron has spoken out against homosexuality and his comments are not sitting well with The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

Cameron, who is an evangelical Christian, made his comments yesterday on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight.

When asked by Morgan if he thinks homosexuality is a sin, the 41-year-old star did not mince his words.

'I think that it’s unnatural,' Cameron said. 'I think that it’s detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilisation.'

Cameron also spoke out against gay marriage adding: 'I believe that marriage was defined by God.

'Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve.

'One man, one woman for life 'til death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don’t think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don’t.'

The gay rights group GLAAD immediately released a statement, denouncing the star's comments. » | Ann Pride | Saturday, March 03, 2012