Monday, October 31, 2011

Bruno Metsu Famous French Footballer Converts to Islam

ABNA: Metsu is preparing the UAE for their Asia Cup qualifier against Jordan at Al Shabab’s ground tonight. But the man who coached Senegal at the World Cup in 2002 and then led Al Ain to the AFC Champions League in 2003, admitted he and his wife had converted to Islam.

He recently visited the Department of Awqaf in Dubai and formally announced he converted before the religious scholar Ismael Tojo. He said: “This will make me feel comfortable, peaceful and stable. But for many years in my coaching career, I was known as Bruno Metsu.

“So, I am keen to keep my image good in the minds of people who made friends with me and called me by the name that has been famous in different countries.” Sameera Al Fuhaimi, the acting director of family guidance of the Dubai Islamic affairs department, added: “The department received the French coach and wife following their conversion.

“We gave them books and tapes in French and which explain teachings of our religion. Metsu and wife were highly delighted and were keen to have Islamic books”. Metsu is also believed to be preparing for a Haj pilgrimage. [Source: Ahl ul Bayt News Agency] | Tuesday, October 18, 2011