Friday, November 16, 2007

Illegal Immigrant Demands to Be Flown Home; British People Are “So Unfriendly and Rude”

DAILY MAIL: An illegal immigrant has demanded to be flown home after saying he was fed up with British people - because they are "rude and unfriendly".

Speaking today, Mokhtar Tabet, 30 - who has been given a home, food and free travel around London - claims his local council has breached his human rights by moving him to a place he does not like.

He was refused asylum in 2004 and is set to be deported.

He said: "The council evicted me from my home in September and moved me to Streatham, which I don't like.

"The new place is small, and the kitchen closes at 9pm, so I can't have anything to eat late at night. They have taken away my human rights."

Croydon Council says it has bent over backwards to help Tabet, who fled Algeria in 2002. Illegal immigrant demands to be flown home because Britons are 'rude and unfriendly' (more)

Mark Alexander