Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Muslimahs urged to take off the veil


I've just read this very interesting article on MEMRI.org. I'd like to share it with you...
Reformist Yemeni columnist Dr. Elham Mane'a, who writes regularly for the reformist website www.metransparent.com, espouses improvement of women's status, freedom of thought, a rationalist approach to the religious sources, and the right of humans, as rational beings, to decide their own futures. In a recent article, Mane'a urged Muslim women to exercise free thought and to decide for themselves whether to wear the veil. ...

... Take Off the Veil, Sister

"I call on you, my Muslim sister, to take off the veil. This is an honest call... Its intention is not to defile you, nor to encourage you to [moral] lassitude. I call on you to exercise [free] thought and to use your own mind.

"You and your mind are sufficient. There is no need to search in books and in history, and there is no need to consult the opinions of the commentators... I request that you listen to my words and judge them without suspecting my intentions. After that, you are free. Free to choose [for yourself], to [shape] your own fate, and to do as you wish. You are your own master. You alone. No one but you has custody over you. After [you consider my words], don the veil or take it off - I will respect your decision. Ultimately, the decision must be yours... Read it all here: Yemeni Reformist Writer Urges Muslim Women to Take Off the Veil
Mark

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

The veil is symbolic of submission. Taking it off would be a powerful statement for freedom.

Mark said...

Yes, indeed it is, Always. But I can't see them taking off the veil anytime soon, can you?

Always On Watch said...

I agree with you, Mark. The Muslimas are persecuted and cowed into submission. The left is ever silent on that matter.

Mark said...

Yes, Bld! Yes! They are here to Islamize the UK; and we are allowing it to happen! How crazy is that? It will be too late to do anything about it one day.

The likes of Tony Blair don't have the spunk to take action. They're just letting it happen.

The people will take matters into their own hands if the authorities don't watch out. Then there'll be hell to pay! Civil war will break out.

Now that really is something they should try and avoid.