Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Gay Kiss of the Day

Tomorrow is Holocaust Memorial Day; so, out of respect for the victims of the Holocaust, I shall not post any such pictures, certainly not today or tomorrow. I feel that it would be very inappropriate and very much in bad taste to do so. I’m sure that you will agree with me.

Although I am not a Jew, I have great respect for people of that faith. Indeed, it was through documentaries on their suffering watched when I was growing up that initially triggered my interest in the German language. I therefore feel a strong bond with the Jewish people. In fact, watching documentaries on that period can often reduce me to tears.

I have the greatest respect for those that perished in the Holocaust; also for those that managed to survive the horrors they lived through.

It disturbs me greatly to read and learn that anti-Semitism is once again rearing its ugly head, right across the so-called civilised world. It seems that many people either refuse to learn or are incapable of learning the lessons of history.

Moreover, we are seeing a crisis unfold in Ukraine. Another war cannot be ruled out. There is also a cost of living crisis right across the Western world. Therefore, posting pictures of jollity and expressions of love seem so inappropriate for the coming days. Rest assured, however, I shall resume posting such pictures as soon as I feel that it appropriate to do so.

I trust that you, my visitors and followers, will understand my decision.

© Mark Alexander
All Rights Reserved