Thursday, July 16, 2015

Angela Merkel Doesn't Believe in Gay Marriage – 'I Don't Want Discrimination... But I Make a Difference at Some Point'


THE INDEPENDENT: German Chancellor insists ‘marriage’ is only for a man and a woman

Angela Merkel has insisted that marriage should only be between a man and woman.

The German Chancellor backed equal benefits for same-sex couples - such as tax breaks - and said that while discrimination should be "eliminated" she drew a "difference" between civil partnerships and marriage.

But the committed Christian, who has been married twice, gave her personal definition of marriage as ‘a man and a woman living together’, in a YouTube interview with Florian Mundt, a YouTube known under the alias LeFloid who has a significant online following.

“I’m someone who is very supportive of us eliminating all discrimination. We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian," she said, according to the Huffington Post.

“For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together. That is my concept, but I support civil partnerships." » | David Trayner | Wednesday, July 15, 2015