Monday, February 20, 2012

Obama's Team Fires Back at Santorum for Calling President's Faith 'Phony Theology'

MAIL ONLINE: A day after telling an Ohio audience that Barack Obama's agenda is based on 'some phony theology, not a theology based on the Bible,' Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said he wasn't criticizing the president's Christianity.

'I've repeatedly said I don't question the president's faith. I've repeatedly said that I believe the president's Christian,' Mr Santorum said in a broadcast interview Sunday.

'I am talking about his world view, and the way he approaches problems in this country. I think they're different than how most people do in America.'

Mr Obama's campaign said Mr Santorum's remarks were another attack on the president's faith by Republican rivals in a nominating contest that has grown increasingly bitter and negative. » | Daily Mail Reporter | Sunday, February 19, 2012