Friday, October 14, 2005

Making excuses for the enemy!

When is the State Department, and indeed the American government itself, going to stop making excuses and apologies for Islam? Now they say that Al-Qaeda are perverting the true nature of this faith.

Isn't it a first in history for the attacked to busy itself making so many excuses for the attackers? I can think of no other such example in the history of the world!

Do we hear Muslims saying that Al-Qaeda and their ilk are perverting 'the real Islam'? I don't think so; certainly not in large numbers.

Why doesn't the State Department let Muslims say what Islam is and what Islam isn't? That would make infinitely more sense!

©Mark Alexander

2 comments:

Jason Pappas said...

I hear ya, Mark. I expressed some of the same sentiments myself:

"Rarely, in the course of history, has a nation gone to war while praising the enemy’s ideology. We can, however, see this absurd spectacle today."

I see below that you have a book. I'll have to check it out.

Always On Watch said...

they say that Al-Qaeda are perverting the true nature of this faith
Isn't this the most maddening part for those of us who "get it"?

Yes, "absurd" is the word for what we're watching.